How it works
The items in the loan closet change and depend on contributions made by individuals and the return of previously loaned equipment.
Please take care of the equipment and return it in a timely manner so that others can be served as well.
If you are in need of a loaned piece of equipment, you will need to do the following:
- Call the Center "in advance" to find out if equipment is available. The center is unable to serve "walk-ins" during the workday.
- Must have a physician's script for the needed equipment which must be related to the person's specific disability.
- Must have a photo ID with current name/address.
- Must make arrangements to pick up/return the loan equipment.
- All equipment is loaned for a maximum of (3) months and must be returned to the center.
- Equipment borrowers assume all liability for the safe use of the equipment. The Center does not provide maintenance or repairs.
- There is a cash deposit required for wheelchairs, rollators, and wheelchair ramps. Call the Center for additional information.
The goal of the Loan Closet is to serve individuals with disability to meet short-term need for durable medical equipment.
Our Loan Closet depends on the generosity of donors of durable medical equipment such as wheelchairs, rollators, portable ramps, etc. Please call our Center at 330-762-0007 if you are able to donate equipment that is no longer being used. Thank you.