Since the passage of the Americans with Disabilities Act, many doors are opening for persons with disabilities to live independently, with full community access.
Sometimes consumers need assistance to learn and/or improve Independent Living Skills (ILS) to achieve greater independence.
Independent Living Skills Training (ILST) is an umbrella approach to meeting a variety of needs on an individual or group basis.
ILST Topics Weekly Schedule
Classes are held March to October @ 2:30 pm on Wednesday of each month:
- Money Matters - 1st Wed of each month
- Housing - 2nd Wed of each month
- Transportation - 3rd Wed of each month
- Employment - 4th Wed of each month
- Advocacy in Action - 5th Wed of each month (once per quarter)
Consumers are encouraged to enroll in all of the classes, if possible, as each one builds upon the previous skills presented. Participation in each session also provides consumers with the opportunity to gain valuable information by sharing personal experience.
Contact us to schedule your classes today!